PDA

View Full Version : window switch

supra gaz
05-03-08, 06:55 PM
i have a problem with my passenger side window it works sometimes and other times it will open and then not close takes a few presses of the button to get it to work mainly from the drivers side will i need another passenger window switch any advice will be helpful thanks.

mark3
05-03-08, 07:10 PM
i have a problem with my passenger side window it works sometimes and other times it will open and then not close takes a few presses of the button to get it to work mainly from the drivers side will i need another passenger window switch any advice will be helpful thanks.

i had the same trouble with mine, it is just a bad connection in the switch, a new/replacement will cure the problem, i sprayed mine with electrical switch and contact cleaner, it sorted the problem instantly!
you may be able to dismantle the switch and physicaly clean the contacts but it may go "pingbitseverywhere" :)

supra gaz
05-03-08, 07:17 PM
yeah i thought about cleaning it but like you said ping its not really bothering me as im not in the passenger seat so as long as my window doesnt stop working ill live with it till i find a replacement thanks.

yardarm1
05-03-08, 08:00 PM
Its quite easy to remove the switch from the door bezel, remove it dismantle it and give the contacts a quick clean with emery paper. There are two copper contacts and a spring inside. Its a common problem easily solved.

Finfon
05-03-08, 08:02 PM
aye easy to take apart. especially the pasenger side switch. drivers is a bit more complex

i just rubbed the contacts up with emery paper. back to brand new again

supra gaz
05-03-08, 09:48 PM
cheers for the advice guys will give it a go at the weekend if it ever stops raining.

mark3
05-03-08, 10:58 PM
cheers for the advice guys will give it a go at the weekend if it ever stops raining.

when i said squirt it with cleaning fluid i meant do it in situ! it worked for me!

timmysturbo
06-03-08, 01:10 AM
got one here if you need one